20 Things You Can Only Do In Vermont
Vacation Activities For One-Of-A-Kind VT Adventures
Often the publishers of Vermont Living are asked “what kind of things can we do in Vermont that is unique to Vermont?” The list below represents activities that the entire family enjoy and are true Vermont. The Green Mountain state is presently requiring everyone to wear a mask in public places and whenever social distancing is not possible.
Ask us about adding your business to New England Living Magazine, or share comments, contact us.
20 Things You Can Only Do In Vermont
- Take a Factory Tour and Eat Free Ice Cream at Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Factory in Waterbury, VT
- Stroll Church Street Marketplace in downtown Burlington
- Discover Fairbanks Museum and Planetarium in Saint Johnsbury, VT
- Hike the Long Trail then relax with a cold one at Long Trail Inn, Killington
- Stay in a former Vermont Governor home and historic “castle” in Cavendish, VT
- Shop the latest fashions at the Designer Outlets in Manchester, VT
- Find a “river serpent” in the West River while dining at The Marina Restaurant in Brattleboro, VT
- Take a walk or bicycle ride on the Stowe Recreation Path in Stowe
- View Camel’s Hump and Lake Champlain from the sky in a Hot Air Ride from Above Realty Balloon Rides, Essex, VT
- Be amazed at the American Art Work and Country Collectibles at the Shelburne Museum in Shelburne
- Bike the famous Kingdom Trails in Vermont’s Northeast Kingdom from East Burke
- Take a Dinner Cruise on the Spirit of Ethan Allen on Lake Champlain, Burlington, VT
- Observe 3 US states and Canada from the top of Jay Peak, Jay, VT
- Share a selfie of yourself from the front of the Bennington Monument in Bennington, VT
- Stock up on Made in Vermont Products when visiting a Vermont Farmers’ Market
- Look for Moose in Vermont’s Northeast Kingdom
- Pick Apples at a Vermont Apple Orchard
- Visit the oldest inn in Vermont. Dine in comfort and drink specialty ales from Jasper Murdocks Tavern in Norwich, VT
- Visit the birthplace of Calvin Coolidge. “Cool Cal” was the 30th President of the United States. His homestead is in Plymouth, VT
- Buy a Vermont Living Calendar from the Vermont Country Store. Locations include Weston, and Rockingham, VT
Ask us about featuring your business in New England Living Magazine – sharing the Best of New England since 1996. Contact us.
Sugarbush Farm, 591 Sugarbush Farm Road, Woodstock, VT 05091
Sugarbush farm is located on a 550 acre hilltop outside of Woodstock Village. Visitors watch cheese production, year round maple tours, sample Sugarbush Farm cheeses and other Vermont products, including; Maple Products and Honey. You can walk the nature trail, see farm animals, and best of all free admission. The farm is located 3 miles off US Route 4 on Hillside Road, across from the Taftsville Bridge, 3 miles east of Woodstock. The Farm Store is open daily from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Visit Sugarbush Farm Woodstock
Vermont Antique Mall, 5573 Woodstock Road, Quechee, VT 05059 | 802 281-4147
Located in the heart of Quechee Gorge Village, you’ll find our 17,000 square foot barn filled with antiques, vintage and collectable treasures. Come see the area’s largest selection, with hundreds of dealer booths and new stock daily. Nearby eateries and seasonal events make this a “must see” for all ages. Shop where the dealers shop! Open daily 10am – 5pm.
Visit Vermont Antique Mall Website
Mountain View Farm Animal Sanctuary, 3383 Darling Hill Rd., E. Burke, VT 05832 | 802-626-9924
Visit Mountain View Farm Animal Sanctuary in Vermont to see our rescued animals and please consider making a donation to help us care for them. If you share our love for animals and would like to get more involved with MVFAS we would love to welcome you as a volunteer. Volunteers join us on the farm or from their homes offering their time and services to the sanctuary.
Visit Mountain View Farm Animal Sanctuary
Odyssey Events VT, 276 Laber Road, Bridgewater Corners, VT 05035 | 802-342-1513
Hands-on cooking classes offered by Chef Ted at his mountain top idyll. Discuss the many possibilities or choose from pre-scheduled classes. From pastas and pizzas to meats, seafoods, vegetables, and desserts. Learn then eat what you cook. BYOB.
Visit Cooking classes with Chef Ted
Robb Family Farm, 827 Ames Hill Road, Brattleboro, VT 05301 | 802-257-0163
Home of fine Vermont crafts. We produce the purest maple syrup you can find as well as a large assortment of fine hand-crafted treasures. Enjoy the scenic Vermont landscape and views from our shop. The Robb Family Country Shop is a family run business, consisting of a charming gift shop, farm events, mail order and baked goods by order. The shop is open throughout the year selling our own Vermont Maple Syrup, Vermont Maple Candy, Maple Syrup Party Favors, Gift Boxes, and Family Raised Beef. Sugarhouse Tours are offered year round.
Visit Robb Family Farm Website
Strong House Inn, 94 West Main Street, Vergennes, VT 05491 | 802-877-3337
The Strong House Inn is located in the heart of the Champlain Valley. This historical Inn has 14 individually decorated guestrooms, on five acres of gardens and trees with classic New England architecture and the comfort and luxury of a modern day Inn. The Inn is a perfect location for weddings, receptions, and rehearsal dinners and meetings for up to 50 people. Join us for Quilting in Vermont, the ultimate setting for quilters to reignite their creative passion and be spoiled in the process. Whether you are looking for a romantic getaway, a foodie experience, or a once in a lifetime event - an adventure is waiting for you!
Visit Strong House Inn - Vergennes, VT